The Pittaway Group of Companies
Last Updated 02nd July 2018
- Personal Data Collected
- What we use your personal data for and the legal basis we rely on
- Website Privacy
- Who we will share your personal data with
- How we keep your personal data safe
- Retention of information
- Your rights
The Pittaway Group of Companies, comprising of Pittaway Decorative Group Ltd., C.E. Pittaway & Son Ltd., and Pittaway Special Coatings Ltd., offer painting and decoration services and manufacture dry flake decorative and Ilumitex systems.
2. Personal Data Collected
To provide these services to your business and for us to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our products and services we need to collect and use certain information about you, or individuals who work within your business. We don’t need to collect too much from you, but what we do need is:
- Your business name and contact details (address, central telephone number, etc.);
- Contact details of the individual we are liaising with at your business (name, telephone number, email address);
- Any other information an individual from your business chooses to tell us.
You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create an account, administer your organisation’s account or meet with a member of our sales team.
3. What we use your personal data for
The Pittaway Group uses the data we collect to operate our business and provide you with the products and services we offer, which includes using data to improve our services.
We also may use the data to communicate with you, for example, to inform you about your account and new product information. We may also use and retain your data to assist our sales cycle (i.e. Financial Information or Credit Reference Agencies).
4. Website Privacy
Umber Creative Ltd
Amazon Web Services Inc
5. Who we will share your personal data with
Where necessary we share your personal data:
- to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or authorised;
- when required by law or to respond to a legal process;
- to protect our customers;
- to protect lives (in the case of lone worker);
- to proactively communicate via legitimate interest;
- to protect the rights of property of The Pittaway Group of Companies.
We share your personal data with:
- affiliates and subsidiaries controlled or associated with The Pittaway Group of Companies;
- merchants contracted correctly to work on our behalf;
- The Pittaway Group of Companies will not sell your data to an unrelated party;
6. How we keep your personal data safe
The Pittaway Group of Companies take the security of any personal data that we hold incredibly seriously. Our measures to safeguard your personal data include:
- Encrypting devices and servers where appropriate
- Password access to computers and mobile devices
- Secure Premises
- Restricting access to those staff who need to see the information
- Internal policies and procedures on data protection and information security
- Staff Training
7. Retention of information
The Pittaway Group of Companies will retain information for the period that any quotation or contract is in place or until instructed otherwise by a customer. All data will be destroyed or returned to a customer upon request. Sales cycle information or documents required to be retained for legitimate reasons will be retained.
8. Your rights
Unless you are a sole trader or a partnership (in certain cases), it will be the individuals who work for your business who have various rights in relation to how we process their personal data. Individuals can:
- access the personal data we keep about them and be given specific information about the processing
- ask us to update inaccurate personal data we hold about them
- ask us to delete their personal data but only when specific grounds apply
- ask us to restrict the processing of their personal data, for example if they are contesting the accuracy of it
- object to the processing of their personal data if they do not agree with our legitimate interest grounds and for direct marketing purposes
- transfer personal data from us to another service provider but only when certain grounds apply
If you would like to:
- object to the processing of your personal data (where we have relied on legitimate interests as our legal basis for the processing) please contact us
We would really appreciate it if you would let us know if any of your personal data changes so that we can keep our records up to date and accurate.
We do not undertake any solely automated decision-making, including profiling.
If you are not happy with how we have been processing your personal data or have not dealt with one of your rights correctly when you have asked us to, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). The ICO has several ways in which you can get in touch with them, including post, email, and online forms.