External redecoration of the Brynmor Jones Library at the University of Hull
Work Carried Out
Case Study - Education
Brynmore Jones Library
The Brynmor Jones Library is the main library at the University of Hull. It was named after Sir Brynmor Jones who initiated research in the field of liquid crystals at Hull and was the Vice-Chancellor from 1956 to 1972.
This contract involved the external redecoration of the seven-storey library. The project involved cleaning and painting vitreous panels to all four elevations of the landmark building on the main campus. Cradles suspended from the roof were used to gain access to the surfaces. Safety considerations included having to co-ordinate the temporary powering down of mobile phone masts on the roof, as well as temporary protection to the entrances of the building.
Working with Industrial Paint Supplies, we sought the help of Sigma Paints in formulating a specialist two coat, two pack epoxy system to restore the original colour of the building.